The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Some thing's I've realised....

In the past few weeks.....
Since I lost a few daycare kids, I've figured out some things with my own kids.......
First... Even though Mason has asked me a few times for the money for Segment 2 of drivers training, and I've told him a few times that when I get a job he can take it..... He doesn't realize that money is tight now.......
Second..... When Mayla wants to get a new puppy, stuffed animal, or is making her Christmas list..... she doesn't realize that money is tight right now.....
Third...... When I threaten Jarrett with buying "girl" pull-up's because he wont (for whatever reason beyond our discovery) "poop" in the toilet....... doesn't realize that money is tight right now........
I know that things will be o.k. and back to "normal" before they know it.

But, then I think about when I was a kid. How on earth did my parents do ANY of the amazing things we did as kids????

1-Disneyland 2x including hotel and food.
2-Sports for any & all kids that did them.
3-Back to school clothes????? (Gotta be a bank breaker!!!)
4-Sending someone to France.
5-Eating out at least once a week with the whole family!
6-Road trip's
7-Camping trip's
8-The Navy trip to San Diego -including airfare. (how did that happen?)
9-YEARBOOKS!!!!!
10-Girls/Boys camp
11-Sending someone to modeling school
12-Raising & paying for a grandchild or 2,3,4,5,.....
13- So many other AMAZING things that are escaping my brain right now......

My parents are AWESOME!!! And have all of our "backs" any day!!! I can't wait to be just like them! (someday??) Let alone that they are so in love with each other even to this day that it's sickening, and you have to plug your ears or say "lalalalalalalalalala" sometimes when you hear them on the phone! God it's gross, but SO TOTALLY CUTE!!!! (still don't wanna hear it!).

However, I love you mom & dad.

And even if Mason wants to buy you Caesars Palace in 21 years. & I'm living in a shack....... compared to the magnitude of memories and love we were given as children, it will NEVER COMPARE!!!! And I only hope my children will understand that we did what we had to do when we had to do it, and only remember the memories that we tried to establish when we had what we had.

Thank you!!!!

No comments: