The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just being concided!

So, since I missed the March of dimes walk-a-thon last weekend. I decided to challenge myself to a walk. Dianna decided to take my kids on Tuesday because she was off of work. As I sat on the porch contemplating what I was going to do for a few hours with no kids (HIGHLY UNUSUAL!), I decided to walk. After spending 20 minutes looking for a water bottle, I was finally off! I started west on Gibbs, then went north on Lansing st. Walked all the way up to Walker rd. (haha walker!), then headed west to Dewitt rd. Once I was there, my phone decided to die on me, & therefore my clock was gone! So, I just headed south to Townsend rd. then north on Lansing st, & back to home. My knee started hurting when I was about 10 blocks from home, but I think it was because of the way I lay in the tanner. But, if I didn't lay that way, my feet would stick out of the end, and never get tan. Anyhoo, after 3 pop cans (a.k.a. 30 cents), a dead raccoon, & a dead squirrel, many, many, beer tops, & 1 honk from a weirdo in a van, I made it home.
The next morning, I loaded up Jarrett & Destinee in the car. re-set the trip meter, and headed on the same route. Guess how far I walked............

6.6 MILES!!! In 2 hours! And I wasn't sore the next day! Sorry, just gotta pat myself on the back!


1 comment:

Beckie said...

That's awesome! AND it's much further than when we walked downtown. ;p
Seriously, I am impressed. My right knee has been giving me problems for about a year which frustrates me since I've lost 45lbs. I thought it would get better.
I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding this weekend. You're going to be smokin hot!