The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Monday, November 23, 2009

A lil up-date

Not too much going on, just getting ready for Thanksgiving. Mom, Dianna, the twins, and Erica are coming over, so I've been trying to get the extra cleaning done like, mop, dust, bathrooms. You know, the stuff I don't do everyday. I've had a serious headache all weekend, that wasn't getting cured by aspirin. Come to find out today, the medicine had expired 8/08.! Luckily my mom had came over with some Thanksgiving groceries, and gave me some ibuprofen. THANK YOU MOM!! I was doing good till the kids got home from school, but at lease my head isn't throbbing anymore! I also think I'm having gull stone problems, at lease that's what mom said after telling her my symptoms. Oh, well.... moving on....
My parents found a house a few blocks away from here, and are looking into moving in a few days before Christmas. It's an awesome house with an apartment on the back. So, Dianna will live in the "main house", and mom & dad will live in the apartment. And, let me tell you, mom & Dianna need the space. They are BOTH driving each other crazy!!! We're excited to get in the house and get some painting & everything else done. Dad should be here for the paper signing, and I think is staying for a week. Gordon, Mason, Dianna & I are going to try and do all the moving of heavy stuff, so that Mom & Dad can just direct. They don't need to be moving anything anyways! Gordon always has the week between Christmas & New Years off of work (paid), and Dianna is leaving for Arizona the day after Christmas, so the twins wont be in the way, and we should be able to get a bunch of work done before she get's back. That's the goal anyways. I'm so excited for it all to go down! Gordon & I LOVE to be in a home project! We just don't have the money right now to do anything to our crib.
Mason is in basketball now, and has a scrimmage on Saturday. He completed segment 2 of drivers training, and now we need to get his driving test done, and then wait for his Birthday to make it all legal. Mayla had a "fancy" dinner at school last week. They have been teaching them manners, and how to "act like a lady" while at dinner. It's so cute to see her growing up. I swear she's grown a foot in the last week. Jarrett is learning, and more importantly, absorbing as much info that he can. I think he's going to pass up Mayla any day now. He really loves to learn, and is proud to read you a book.
I found 2 friends I worked with at T.G.I.Fridays in Amarillo, and I am so excited to talk to them again on Facebook. It's making my remember a lot of things that I have since forgotten. Man, I use to have so much fun there!!! I MISS IT!!
Gordon's lovely sister Billie took family pictures of us yesterday, and so I'm anxiously awaiting that. Hopefully I'll get them this week, so I can post them. It hasn't snowed here yet (knock on wood), and the weather has been in the 50-60's . It's great.

1 comment:

The Sauls said...

Life sounds so busy. I bet your mom is so excited about the house. I hope she is doing well. Sounds like good weather. We are missing Flagstaff desperately. It just doesn't seem right not to have a white Christmas. I guess I'll have to get use to that. Wish we could be there to help Mom and Dad with the house. I hope you guys have an awesome Turkey Day!