The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What new in the upper tundra.

It's been a mix, of getting on a schedule of school, daycare, football, homework, diet, workout.... etc...
My diet is not going so good, no matter how much I eat (or don't eat), so I need to really focus, and read labels. I started working out today, and Richard Simmons kicked my butt! Jordynn (daycare kid) got a huge laugh at me trying to do the moves, but it was my first time doing this video, so soon enough, I'll have it down. I do love the Carmen Electra work out series I bought a few years ago, but Gordon doesn't have the dvd hooked up in the frontroom (the only room big enough to move) So, I'll have to wait on those videos. I need to lose 6lbs this week, & I have faith in myself that I can. I wonder how many lbs I lost today sweeping, and mopping the frontroom, dining, and kitchen. I really had to scrub too. Mayla & Jarrett painted pumpkins on Sunday in the kitchen, and made a little mess on the floor, so it took a few extra swipes of the mop.
The real reason I'm blogging today, is because of a show. It's called Intervention, and it's on A&E. I started watching it about 3 weeks ago. It's about people who have an intervention on a loved one whom is addicted to drugs, or alcohol. I've cried at every episode I've watched. Last night was about this guy named Lawrence, who was SMOKIN HOT, before he started drinking. He was from Vegas, and had opened 7 tanning salons there on his own. Then by the end of the show, he went to a treatment center, did good for a few weeks, then stopped cooperating, and was asked to leave. He ended up re-lapsing, and died. He was only 2 years older than me.
I absolutely recommend this show. If you drink, or don't, you can really get into the story. I think it might be my new favorite show. Try & watch it, Mondays @ 9:00pm on A&E.
I tried to get the link for Lawrence's story, but I couldn't find it, so watch this link about Ed & Bettina. A married couple from Utah, who are alcoholics.

http://link.aetv.com/services/link/bcpid1452232410/bclid1830063997/bctid1832238961
or try www.interventiontv.com

No comments: