The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The fruits... er... Vegetables of my labor.



I picked the last possible survivors, before the first frost. I have a few possible tomato's that might make it, if not, I guess we're eating fried green tomato's! Yummy! BTW- this is the 4th batch of Green Beans I've picked this year. We also planted corn, (didn't work out so well, a lesson learned) cucumber, (delicious) and zucchini, (didn't make it a day!). Here's a tip we found at Petsmart, Put a slice of zucchini, or lemon in your fish tank. They love it!

5 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Those carrots are impressive!

Beckie said...

You're garden did great!
Funny title for this post.
Any plans for ALL those carrots? Good thing they last for a long time before going bad. Not that I'd know. ;P

THE GRANDY FAMILY said...

The carrots were suppose to be longer, but we have such a short harvest time, I had to pull them before we had a frost warning or I would have lost them all. Next year, I'll start everything in the house, then just transplant after the last frost.
The carrots were finished off on Sunday when we bbq'd, along side of about 100 cherry tomatoes that came from Gordon's sisters garden.

The Sauls said...

That is amazing. I don't have a green thumb or a yard to even try! lol Ha! But nice work!

THE GRANDY FAMILY said...

Thanks! I don't have a green thumb either, but I thought I'd try. I guess if nothing sprouted, I was only out $15.00. I would have had some terrific sunflower pic.'s, but Jarrett decided to pull them out, so I re-planted them, and once again, he pulled them out! I had one that made it, and Dr. Pepper got that one! So, between kids, and dogs, I have no sunflower pic.'s.