The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Friday, September 19, 2008

'ode to my amazing mother




So, if you are familiar with my previous blogs, you know I have had trouble with Mayla in school, as far as focusing, and the school wanting her to be on whatever drug you put a kid on for ADHD. Today, I had the first (of many) meetings with Her teacher, her speech therapist, her reading teacher from last year, and 2 school psychologists. I asked my mom to go with me, because I have filled her in last year about what was going on, and what not. She has gone through this before with a sister of mine after the sister was held back. I DO NOT WANT MAYLA TO BE HELD BACK EVER! I think it would not do anything for her, but make her feel stupid. The school is pushing for Mayla to get medication, and if she is not diagnosed with ADHD, then apparently "their hands are tied". My lovely mom, said... "that's b.s."
Thank god she went with me. I don't even know the questions to ask, but mom spoke up for Mayla. like.....
When she goes to reading or speech, what is she missing in class?
well, she is missing directions for whatever math they are doing that day. ok, well they are harping about her math scores being down.... F'n DUH! I'm not gonna make her do homework till bedtime. How is she ever gonna be a kid? We do about an hour and a 1/2 of homework, or practice work a night. I am going crazy trying to figure out what to do to help her. I cant afford a tutor. Mason has always been good with the grades, so this is all new to me.
Thank you amazing mother for being my voice (& memory) when I don't know what to ask, or say. This year should be a good one for Mayla getting the help she needs to have success. FINALLY!
p.s- I could go on forever on how amazing my mother is, but if you know her at all, you already know! This is just the tip of the iceberg!
I LOVE YOU MOM!
TTYL- Tahmi

1 comment:

Morris family said...

wow your parents havent changed a bit!! they totally look the same