The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's been a while....

I know it's been a minute since I have blogged, but it has been one busy month! School started today........ YIPPEE!!! Jarrett starts pre-school in 2 weeks, so I'll only have the 2 little girls in daycare once he starts. I'm going to start every other weekend with Jodi's kids (Gordons sister's 3), for extra cash.

So... Whats been going on.....

The wedding was SO MUCH FUN!! It was a really long day, but fun was had by all. When we got to the wedding site, Mayla & Jarrett were clean, but wearing white..... You should know how that turned out! I didn't feed them breakfast, they dont usually eat it anyways. We had 2 hours to kill before the ceremony actually started, and they went into the reception hall & found some m-n-m's YIKES! I had to keep yelling at them to "stop eating!". The poor guys! Once the ceremony was over they had pitcures, so while they were doing that I made them both a plate so they could eat as soon as pitcures were done. Between the wedding & reception, there was about a 3 hour break, so where did the bride & groom wanna go? To the bar. F.Y.I. you can take a kid into the bar in Michigan, as long as they are gone by 9pm. So, the bartender turned on the music, layed a board on the pool table, and we danced for hours. Once Mayla got up on the table, we couldn't get her down! She's a dancing fool!

Gordon- has been working short weeks, because of the wedding, & Labor day, and busting his butt 2 get home early. It is fixin to get busy again, to stock up the store for the winter. He told me yesterday, that we should try & take the kids 2 a hotel with a pool once a month this winter to try & eliminate the "cabin fever" we get every year (snow sucks!). I hope we actually do it because it's about the only time we can get Mason to go on vacation with us. We got the camper all set up, and it now resides at Busch Gardens. Next year it will be so much easier to camp. Gordon did an awesome job building the bunkbeds, and our bed too. He's so dang handy!

Mason- started football last wednesday. SJHS beat Lansing catholic central high 34-18. I know I've said this before, but watching him play sports is so exciting. Especially football!! I love hearing.. "Mason Sauls" over the loud speaker! He always knows where the play is, and is almost always involved. He plays a couple of positions... Quarterback, safety, runningback, and others that I dont know the name of. I wish I knew a lot more about football, so I can understand, but I'm trying. He feels like he plays "second fiddle" to a kid who's dad is a chiropractor (sp?) in town (small town life). I keep telling him, it doesn't matter what your last name is, if your good, you'll get recognized! And he is awesome! A couple of weeks ago he told me to go to every game because he expects a lot out himself this year. Isn't that so cool? I know some of the fathers of other players expect their kids to do awesome too, but the kid just cant deliver. I think Mason just has the natural ability (I know I'm braggin, but really he is good). When he was little I didnt have a name, I was just Mason's mom. To this day it is still the same. I think in some cases people are wondering if I am black, or white. Then when Gordon goes to a game, they are really confused! lol! He's got a new girlfriend. Her name is Sam, and she's a junior. Yes, I said a junior! (Mason is a freshman). I saw a pitcure of her last night. She's really cute, and short! but, I wish he'd just stay single. This weekend while he was home alone, his dudes duck taped his whole body. Then covered him in silly string. I guess at 14 thats fun, but it was retarded in my book! Whatever, they had fun. He also built a Mt.Dew pyramid in the kitchen.

Mayla- finally started 2nd grade. It has been a long summer for her. She was ready to go back about 2 weeks after school ended! Man, is she a great little helper with the daycare kids. She wanted to take over the diaper changing, and dressing of the 2 little girls, & other than "number 2" I let her. She's O.C.D. about her room. Nobody is allowed in there when she's not home, because they mess it all up. She had a great camping season this summer. Yesterday before we came home, we stopped at Uncle Larry, & Aunt Tamie's house so she could go on a ride on the dirt bike. She kept saying, "go faster daddy!". She is so tomboy!

Jarrett- is about 95% potty trained. FREAKIN' FINALLY!! Since his pre-school doesn't start till the 15th, I told him he cant go till he puts all his poo-poo in the toilet. That has been the key, because he really wants to go to school, and ride the bus. His speech has been getting better everyday. More & more people can understand him. About a month ago, he had left his bike in the driveway, and I ran over one of his training wheels. So, since then he has been riding with one. I think we can almost take the good tire off. He has become a safari kid, using a stick as a machetti, and chopping down Mayla's sunflowers, and my tomato plants. Now we only have one sunflower that got a chance to bloom, and just a few tomato's. He also has been picking the green tomato's and throwing them in the backyard like baseballs. Huh! Boys!

Buddy, & Pepper- Went on their first camping trip last weekend with us. Of course Buddy was great. He's lazy! But, surprisingly enough Pepper didnt take off when released from the chain! I think we've come to the conclusion that she's about 3 months old. Mayla is doing a great job taking care of her, and only twice has decided to give her to Mason. But, she's still Mayla's dog. Mayla's Dr. Pepper.

Other than that- Things are back to normal (as normal as we get). Looking forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. NOT looking forward to the snow, & freezing rain! I should be able to blogg more, now that the kids are in school.
TTYL- Tahmi

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

That's a lot of info all at once! :D You definitely should blog more!

Beckie said...

WOW! You did have a lot to catch up on! I laughed a lot. It seems like everyone is doing great!
I miss them!