The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa visit's Kid Zone pre-school.

Today I went to Jarrett's school because Santa was visiting. We got there around 9:50. Santa was scheduled to arrive at 10:00. However, he came early, and Jarrett had already sat on his lap. Thanks to his wonderful (and extremely patient) teachers, they allowed him to go again, so I could get a pic. I brought Mayla, and Destinee (niece) so they could visit too, but Mayla chickened out, and I only got a pic with Jarrett & Destinee on my phone (so I could pic mail to Destinee's mom). Here is the pic I got of Jarrett.....



Today we're going shopping for the kids gift's for the gift exchange at school. I dont have Dianna's twins tonight, and I am looking forward to a night off! We got about 4 inches of snow last night, so when Destinee leaves, I'm going to be out there shoveling AGAIN!! Tomorrow my mom is going to the hospital to have a procedure done, and I'm going to drive her which means.... Dianna will be getting my kids ready for school and driving them. I'm kinda worried, and am fully expecting to see Mayla after school without her hair done... which drives me nuts! Tomorrow is Mayla & Jarrett's parties at school, and Mayla is wearing her Christmas dress, Dianna better do something cute with her hair! I'm not asking her to curl it or anything, but a simple ponytail would work. Jarrett probably will have his hair in the back of his head sticking up, as it usually is every morning, and I have to wet comb it so it doesn't look like I'm lazy. That's asking a lot from Dianna. I hope my kids don't look scrubby on their party days.

My dad will be here sometime this weekend, or early next week. I'm so excited that he is going to be here for Christmas. Gordon will work Mon. & Tues. next week, and then be off (PAID) till the 5th of January. My Mom & Dad, Dianna & her twins are coming over on Christmas morning to open presents with us. Gordon is stressing about that because he thinks the twins will bitch & moan because they didn't get what they wanted. I don't think that's going to be the case, they are going to be excited about all the toys, and they are 3! It's not like they are teenagers!. Gordon is just bummin because we can't have the Christmas we've always had. I realize this too, but I'm not going to let it get me down. It really irritates me that he is so bummed about Christmas because he vents to me about it, and there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone have any ideas about how I can cheer him up? THINK CLEAN!!

2 comments:

Barnes Family said...

Whenever I am bumed about not having alot for Christmas, I look back at the pictures of us growing-up with everything we got around us and think, "This is all we got, but I remeber having really good Christmas's." Just concentrateon getting 1 or 2 items that they want and a couple of small items.

Mahers said...

Hey Tahmi,
I saw your blog on Mel's and had a look. Your family is awesome. Have a great Christmas.
Jen