The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

White Elephant, The Puppies, & other fun stuff...

I apologize for not posting sooner... for those who care. I read your blogs yesterday but couldn't think of something to say.... I know, I know, SO unlike me! lol. Anyhoo- Today is New Years Eve. We had planned on going to Gordon's sisters house, as we do every new years, but, after much deliberation, we decided against it. It's not so bad when it's summer, and we can backroad home, but on a holiday???? And when the backroads are a little messy? We got a couple of inches of snow last night. Plus, we couldn't leave around midnight, or 2am, so we decided to stay home, and luckily our besties are coming over too. I just got a call from Dianna asking if we'd pick up her kids & Jarrett (they had just returned from watching the movie Bolt), cuz she was going to the E.R. I guess she is having pains, so I'll let you know what happens with that.
I haven't loaded our pic's from Christmas yet, but your not missing much, because I forgot to use my camera a bunch. Or, as much as I wanted to. Like Jen says, I was trying to live in the moment, and like Mayla says....., you get what you get, and you don't get upset! HOWEVER.... I have an awesome video of Gordon's sister opening up the "white elephant" I brought to the gift exchange. ......

O.k., back story. Since Jarrett got his tonsils out last October, I thought it would be funny if I took a little bit of chicken skin, and put it in a... what I call.... a "pee sample cup" and give it away for the "white elephant". This was a huge secret for me because... well.... I can keep a secret!!! I told Gordon, and he shrugged it off. It was all I could do to not tell Shane, or Dre, (daycare kids, & Gordon's nephews) what I was doing. I didn't want them to tell their mom Jodi (Gordon's sister). Anyways, I got the gift together with a book, some clothes, that even in my lighter weight, I wouldn't have worn, and some soap, and bath crystals & stuff. Gordon's sister Billie opened it up, and was wondering what it was, I could bearly get out that it was Jarrett's tonsils, and that I didn't need them anymore, before I busted out laughing, that what happened was WAY funnier that I thought it was going to be! Maybe you had to be there, but it was HILARIOUS to me!!!

The puppies are getting HUGE!!! They have outgrown the initial kennel we made for them, and are now in a left over T.V. box from my mom. They have outgrown that and are in need of a taller kennel now. A couple more weeks, and they are OUT OF HERE!!!! We've gotten 2 spoken for (possibly 3) so..... WHO WANTS A PUPPY????? There's 4 more to get rid of! Any takers??? ( I didn't think so!)

So, Happy New Year to all of you! My tip, don't make any resolutions.... They never get kept, so save yourself the stress. I have to go now, because I am on the computer, while Gordon wants to talk about the mess the kids made. TTYL-Tahmi

3 comments:

Beckie said...

I can't wait to see the video! That sounds hilarious!!

Morris family said...

i think that is awesome what you did!! lol i would have loved to have seen the reaction... but i will wait. lol

Barnes Family said...

Anna's saying is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." She got it from her Daycare and it helps ALOT!