The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm too cool for a coat!

I just got back from picking Mason up from a 1/2 day at school. I was actually early, so I saw a lot of the high school kids coming out. Now, I haven't bought a coat for Mason in 3 years or so, he just wears a hoodie all winter long. He says it's because he's not outside for very long, like from home, to the bus stop, to the school.... etc. O.k., so, cool, an expense I can save every year. I was parked in the students parking lot, and I noticed that all the drivers only wore hoodies, or "spring jackets" also. ok, so, they aren't outdoors all that much either. Then as I was headed home, I noticed that the walkers were wearing hoodies too! I mean HELLO!!! Is it un-cool to wear a jacket? Is it cool to be sick? Maybe I'm just a wimp! I throw my warm & fuzzy coat on just to walk to the end of the driveway to get the kids off the bus! I've been sick for a few weeks now. I need a vat of Dayquil, & Nyquil daily! Should I switch to the hoodie thing, & chance my luck. Haha, I don't think so!

And on another note...
When Mason was in grade school, I was by far the youngest mom there. Now that he's in high school, I am still one of the young ones. However, when I go to Mayla, or Jarrett's schools I am not. Boo Hoo, woe is me. I'm getting old!

One more thing....
Our crazy neighbor to the south is moving!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!! Now the cops wont be called on us for stupid reasons! I'm so excited. Plus, he's not just moving across town, he's moving to Texas! Oh, Happy Day!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

I can't solve your problem in the coat area because that's about all we wear here. Sometimes Megan will wear one in the summer because she's "not that hot". Whatever!
Is your neighbor with the yellow house moving?