The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Soon to be ex-neighbor. Not soon enough!

Yup! It's the yellow house crazy man, who is moving. He came over here the day before Thanksgiving, and accused one of my kids of hitting the side of his house with a garden hose hook. 2 pieces of his siding are chipped. He said it's not a big deal, offered me some top soil for my flower beds, and told me he was moving soon. Then, 20 minutes later, he knocks on the door, and says his friend can fix the siding for $40.00. I told him I'd talk to Gordon, and get back to him. So, I called Gordon and said... "you want a good laugh?". Then the next day.... THANKSGIVING, he came over around noon, and told Gordon his master plan, of us giving him the money, so his friend could fix the siding. Gordon was like.. "how do you know it was one of our kids?". The neighbor, Dennis, said that the hook was laying in our driveway, which it was, at the edge of our driveway, right next to his house. Gordon told him that he's not dealing with it today, it's Thanksgiving. We haven't seen or heard from him since then. I do hope he stops by again, so I can tell him to take us to court, and good luck trying to prove it was our kid that did it, and also to get off my property! The chipped siding is the pink spots you see under the cardboard covered window.


One time he called the cops on us because the kids were skateboarding on the CITY sidewalk, in front of his house. The cops told us that we should try and stay away from him because he is mentally un-stable. NO PROBLEM! Our kids (including all daycare kids) know not to go near his house. The sidewalk, however is not his property. Did I mention that he is a renter? He doesn't even own the house.
More recently, he call the cops on us because he were "hanging our dog from the trampoline". Once the police saw that our dog was chained up to the trampoline, NOT HANGING FROM IT, we were cleared of all accusations.
He burns his trash in his backyard, which is against the law if you live in town, and, the smoke travels to my house, so I cant have my windows open in the summer, because the funk gets in my house. But do I call the cops? NO! He's came over here before to ask me if i had any marijuana to sell. I'm like "no dude, I don't smoke it, so why would I have it?" let alone to sell it! With all the daycare kids here? Did I call the cops? NO! Should I have? Probably.
Anyhoo, he'll be gone HOPEFULLY soon, but not soon enough.

On to bigger and better things. Thanksgiving was delicious. I tried to get my mom to cook over here, so I could learn how to make the stuffing, rolls, and gravy. Other than those I can cook the rest, but she made it all at home, so I still don't know the secret family recipe. She told me that next year I can do it all, which I'm cool with me because it is the best stuffing you've ever had! And the rolls, aahh, they are the most perfect rolls, because they open without needing to cut them. So, you get them straight out of the oven, open it up, throw a pat of butter in them, and close it back up, then bit down..... mmmmmmmm. Or, the next day, you throw a slice of ham, or turkey in there, and you have one amazing sandwich. I'm only telling you this because Beckie, wanted me to think about her while I was biting into the rolls this year. So, Beckie... I did think about you throughout each and every roll I ate (4 to be exact-I did say that Thanksgiving was a no diet day). Check out Mayla enjoying a delicious roll. This one's for you big sis!



I hope that you, Phil, and Katy got all my picture text's on Thanksgiving. Nobody ever responded, so I'm thinking that you got them and you were jealous. At least, that's what I'm telling myself! lol.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

LOL LOL LOL
That is one of your funniest posts!
That guy is creepy! Hopefully he isn't mad enough to hang the dog on the trampoline for YOU!
I hope he is gone soon!
And the roll.....well, first of all....you suck!
Second of all, Melanie made some amazing rolls that tasted like moms so we were in heaven. We had to break them open ourselves to put the 'pat of butter' inside but somehow we managed. Punk!!
Don't put poor innocent Mayla in the middle with that cute picture!