The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaBloPoMo

National Blog Posting Month (I think that's what it stands for.)

So, because I got the idea from my lovely sister-in-law Jen, I'm gonna try and do a blog a day for all of November.
Halloween was a blast! We made a fun dinner (as we always do on Halloween)



I made these biscuit things that I need to come up with a name for still. The eyeballs are made out of ground turkey, slices of cheese sticks, and black olives. When I saw these a few weeks ago at a Halloween party, the mouths were made with ketchup. I think the person that made them had a small nozzled ketchup bottle, and I did not because we buy our ketchup in bulk (the kids eat it with EVERYTHING!!). I'm gonna have to come up with another idea for the mouth. They were super easy because I prepared everything the day before, and just had to assemble, and bake the biscuits. Good to go! I also made Deviled eggs, and after watching Rachel Ray yesterday morning, I added tomato paste to the mix, so it would look like blood-shot eyes, and topped them off with a sliced black olive. I also made hot wings, because... well..... We've all kinda been on a hot wing kick, and I just had to George Foreman them so it was super easy. We had "hot dog men", but because of the holiday, we called them "scarecrow" hot dogs. Dianna made "cups of dirt", and we had some chips, salsa, and queso. I also made jello shots, but clearly those were for the ladies.


Here are the kids in their costumes. Mayla is a cheerleader, and Jarrett is the blue Power Ranger. Dianna's boys are the red & white Power Rangers. Mason was at the Varsity game in Mt. Pleasant. It was un-seasonably warm. THANK GOD! I think it was 60 degrees, so no coats were needed, plus the kids were warmly dressed under their costumes. By the time we walked downtown (yes Beckie, we walked! lol) I had to take my long sleeve shirt off, and walk around in a tank, it was that warm! Yippee!




Trick-or-treating in Saint Johns begins at 6, and lasts till 8, and there is a siren that goes off to begin & end it. Gordon, Dianna, & I took the kids around till about 7:15, while my mom passed out candy here. Then we came back home, and chilled for a bit. The kids went to bed around 8:30 (half an hour past bed time) With a sugar buzz, we figured we'd let them stay up a little later. Then our peeps started coming over. We had, Nate, Ashley, Talia, Theresa, Amber, Dianna, & Dianna's new "friend" Brian (& his friend Ryan). Here is a picture of Dianna, & her "friend".





I think Brian has a man crush on Gordon. Most men do.





Here is a pic of me, Ashley, Dianna, & Kevin from last weekend's Halloween party.




Anyhoo, we had a blast last night. Poor Dianna, I don't think she got any sleep, and she's working 12 hours today. I've got all my Halloween decorations taken down, and am contemplating putting up my Christmas tree, & decorations. Don't hate me for it, I do it every year! I LOVE MY TREE, & I LOVE CHRISTMAS. So bite me!
Guess I'll talk to you tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Hee! It was about 50 degrees here and the girls bundled up in their winter coats! They were totally shivering when I took their pictures. :D

Beckie said...

I love that you are blogging everyday!
It would be so much fun to throw a party with you.
It's a good thing the boys all got a different color.
Our neighborhood had lots of Spidermen and Power Rangers!