The Grandy Family

The Grandy Family

About Me

My photo
Gordon & Tahmi have been married since October 23rd 1999. We have 3 children, Mason is 16, Mayla is 9, and Jarrett is 6.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

So, I missed a few days.... sue me!

Went to Mason's awards ceremony for football last night. I thought sitting in the bleachers for an hour or so was tough...... But, sitting on the cafeteria table/benches for 3 hours was WAY WORSE!! My butt was so numb by the time it was over. I've come to realize a few things for next year...
1-The ceremony is more for the Varsity players.
2-The ceremony is mostly for Seniors.
3-The new dog, Lucy, thinks the trash cans are an all you can eat buffet when we leave the house.
It was nice when it was over because.... well... I could stand up, and also it was held at the middle school, & with Mason's record breaking feat in track last year, his name was on the records board, so I tried to get a couple of pic.'s. I couldn't get the right angle, so all the pic.'s I have are blurry. I'll try again Saturday. Mayla has Basketball camp then.
Gordon is sick AGAIN for the second time in a month. I guess he thinks it's my fault that he's sick cuz he's bitchin' at me about other stuff that is so irrelevant to his illness. I understand his frustration, but geez! I didn't do it, it was the weather with it's warm, then cold, then warm, and cold again. oh, well.
I got my Christmas tree up last weekend, and allowed Mayla & Jarrett to decorate it, which means only the bottom half was decorated. Too cute! Tuesday I broke down and fixed it and told Mayla that the twins & Jarrett had knocked it down, so I had to fix it. We did blue & silver this year, because Gordon's little sister Jodi had given me all of her old stuff. It looks so beautiful.
Mason is old enough to start drivers training. He will be 15 in January, but he can start training now. However, He doesn't want to do it because it will interfere with sports. I asked him.... "Do you want to miss ONE season of spring sports, or drive?" I would think he would want to drive, but he wants to play baseball (I think). I suggested that he get his classes done while he's a Freshman, that way he does the jv/varsity sports un-interrupted. I even told him... "You know your getting a car for Christmas &/or your birthday next year." He's looking into a night class, so he can still play a sport, and do Drivers training. I don't know where he gets the energy and drive to want to do so much, but I'm grateful for it. I think it will help him in his career (whatever it may be). In Michigan you have to take drivers training in order to get your license. I think it's a conspiracy, because the dang class costs $400.00.
Ok, I need to get to the grocery store before Jarrett gets out of school, and it ends up costing me more that I want to spend.
TTYL-Tahmi

1 comment:

Beckie said...

LOL! Nice catch up!
We have the reverse at our house. I'm mad at David for being sick AGAIN!!! I know he works with hundreds of kids a day, but I'm sick of taking care of 7 kids since my husband counts as one of them!!!
I'll be anxiously waiting on some of those pictures!